- Potatoes: We’re back to red potatoes this week.
- Beets: These beets overwintered in our fields this year, which is a first for us. It’s because the winter was so mild.
- Spinach: Like the beets, some of this spinach overwintered outside this year. The bulk of it comes from the greenhouse, though.
- Mizuna: This green serves double duty as a salad addition, or cook it as a green. It’s tender, so it cooks very quickly.
- Rapini: This week’s rapini comes from our turnip planting that went to flower earlier than we’d hoped. As a result you get flowering stalks instead of crunchy roots. The whole thing is edible!
- Radishes: Cubed radishes are wonderful in miso soup. Mizuna is great too, by the way. Molly’s grandmother who is visiting this week claims that they’re also tasty sliced raw on a piece of good bread along with some cream cheese or spreadable goat cheese. Enjoy!
March 13, 2012
No Comments »
No comments yet.