- Potatoes: This week’s potatoes are good ‘ole German butterball.
- Leeks: These are smaller leeks this week as we go back through our beds to find enough for one last distribution.
- Rutabaga: Ditto for rutabega
- Parsnips: Check out a couple of exciting parsnip recipes below that everyone’s talking about. If you’re not a big fan of parsnips, sneaking them into mashed potatoes is a good option.
- Collard greens: Spring collards almost become a different vegetable in the spring. Their new leaves are smaller and more tender than the leaves of fall. As a result they don’t need to be cooked nearly as much.
- Purple sprouting broccoli:
- Greens mix: This week’s mix features mache (corn salad), a green you’ve only been barely introduced to, in addition to arugula and some other mild mustards, and a few other things I found in the greenhouse. This mix can be used as-is raw for a salad. Alternatively, wilt it under a warm dressing, or even toss it in some hot pasta along with a little leek and garlic sautéed in olive oil, some chopped walnuts and a topping of parmesan cheese. I’d recommend chopping it first however you eat it.
March 20, 2012
No Comments »
No comments yet.